Friday, October 15, 2010

Eklutna Moose Hunt

I don't know how many times I've moose hunted Eklutna, but this is the first time I've actually seen a moose. And there were two of them! Unfortunately, the tag is for any BULL, and these were both cows. In spring this year there was a wild fire, that's why the trees look they've been burnt. They have been. I was with my buddy Rob. He hunted here the night before and found the cows, then found them again in about the same place on this day. We sat on them for a while, called, got cold and bored and then walked on deeper into the woods. We came back a couple of hours later and they were still here. So, I took some pictures and dared them to invite some guys over later, I'll be back in a couple of days, just keep 'em busy.
Just a short video of the two cows. They didn't care that I was so close. It's interesting how their fur is different, one is darker than the other, one has almost white legs. Stockings?

No comments: