Monday, March 30, 2009

Flowers, flowers, flowers!

One more thing about Hawaii that is quite remarkable is the flowers. Everywhere you went, there were flowers. And I don't mean in someone's flower bed. They grew wild everywhere. These are Angel Trumpets.
This is a Hibiscus. The state flower of Hawaii.
I don't know. This was growing on top of the volcano by a steam vent.
I don't know what these are either. These were growing in front of the house we rented.
These are an island favorite, Plumeria. They are often made into leis. 
This plant reminds me of Kudzu, the way it grows wild covering what ever it's on. I don't think I've ever seen Kudzu flower though.
This is another Banyan tree. They've made the blog twice, so they're obviously impressive. There's really nothing in the picture to give a good reference. The house is across a 2 lane road and on a hill.
I put this one of Justice with another Hibiscus to show how big they are. They're bigger than his hang loose.


No comments: