Wednesday, March 18, 2009

O.K. Where to Begin?

I really don't know the best way would to post all the pictures I want to share, so I guess I'll pick a few from each day, then do the underwater fish pictures as one blog. So here it goes.

Part of our vacation was kept a secret from the kids. Their grandma and grandpa Edlin were joining us. Their plane came in later than ours and while Cathy was shopping with the older two, I took Colt and Justice to this beach near the airport. It's called Wawaloli Beach and is on the Kona Coast, we're standing on an old lava flow. Where the waves are crashing is a 10-20 foot cliff. Some waves rocket 20-30 feet above the lava. We had fun and nobody fell and cut their self.

Now, we're at the rental home in the driveway. Colt hasn't perfected the "Hang Loose" sign yet. He's still rocking to KISS! Those are unripe Papaya in the two trees behind him. They are ripe when they turn yellow, delicious! One of my favorites.
I took this picture from the lanai, which is what they call a porch or patio in Hawaii. I could do an entire post on the flowers alone.

Meg has a Plumeria blossom in her hair. The back ground is washed out, but we can see the ocean from the house.



No comments: